Please check the Hong Kong Observatory website for the effective of weather signals.
Hong Kong Observatory - Typhoon mapping
Arrangement when there has a bad weather signal :
- Storm warning or, Amber or Red Rain warning, Typhoon 1 or 3 signal, pool session will be carried out as scheduled or training at pool side. The instructor will arrange a special options according to the weather.
- Black Rain warning, class cancellation. If black rain warning cancelled before 5pm, class carried out as scheduled.
- Typhoon 8 or above, class cancellation. class carried out as scheduled if 2 hours after Typhoon 8 ends. Example: Typhoon 8 will be hoist at 6pm, all class at 4pm or after will be cancelled.
- Storm warning, shore dive and boat dive will be carried as scheduled. The instructor will arrange a special options according to the weather.
- Amber Rain warning - shore dive and boat dive will be carried as scheduled.*
- Red or Black Rain warning - class cancellation if those signal effective at or before 7am.*
- Typhoon 1 - Boat dive may be carried as scheduled or cancelled, which is despends on the weather in the morning. Will confirm before 7am or earlier.*
- Typhoon 3, or above - Shore and boat dive will be cancelled 2 hours before Typhoon 3 hoists.
Remark* - Depends on the sea condition, Shore dive activiies will be cancelled if boat service stopped at Sai Kung.